11 June 2008

London. A Damn good weekend!

I havent been blogging cause I like to blog in chronological order and the wedding/USA trip blog is half written and the wedding/USA trip photos are half sorted and Ive been busy (for spain) at work and havent been able to get my shiz together.
So Ive decided to forget about the wedding/USA trip blog until I get all that sorted and just continue posting about other things easier to write a shorter blog about with not so many pics to chose from.

So here brings me to now. well, maybe not now, mid May, 1 1/2 weeks after I got back from the USA I went to visit Mick in London for the weekend to see his new apartment and give him my very important approval of this big purchase. As you can see from the pics its a great little place and perfect for Mick.


What a damn good weekend I had! Marcos and I lived in London a few years back, I was never very keen on loving there, Spain was always calling me back, but as a place to visit, especially with a good friend to catch up with, London is a fucking great place to go! Comparably, Sevilla is like a village and its great to visit the big smoke, restaurants, shopping, theatre, cocktails!

I always crave asian food when I am away from Sevilla and London did not disappoint. After a spot of shopping on Saturday morning we went to a fabulous dumpling restaurant and ordered this tower of dumplings. Yum.



During lunch Mick got a call from his friend Glen asking if we wanted his tickets to go see Madonna at a big outdoor concert...Um HELL YES! Mick and bought us tickets to go to the theatre that afternoon, we went to the theatre saw an interesting play about a drunkard crazy mother and her fucked up children which was interesting to say the least, there was even some nudity when the son lost it and stripped off, shook his ass to the audience and there was some interesting ball shaking visuals through his legs. Nice.

We left the theatre, nipped over to pick up said tickets and made it to see Madonna, the last act at the concert at 9pm. Mick and I have an ongoing argument about madonna, I cant stand her preaching, complete with images of starving children in Africa, whilst dressed in Jean Paul Gaultier and thrusting her hips, not to mention her guitar playing. But her music is catchy and she certainly does put on a good show so we had a damn good time and I vowed to keep my opinions to myself for the moment.

Sunday was breakfast in the sun (I really miss going out for breakfast! Spain doesnt have a big going out for breakfast culture...) and shopping at Spitafields markets with the lovely Jane.

Here is Mick with some slimy oysters.







Early evening we met up with Lady P and the lovely Stephanie and it was really great to catch up with these gals who are so much fun. We had Thai, yum yum yum at Busaba an old favourite.

1 homie be sending comment love:

Sarah Gemba said...

Wow - I'm so glad I just opened up your blog, I love the new look!!!!