12 April 2007

Tarjeta de Residencia!!! Yipppeeee!!!

First things first - I AM LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is all very exciting. After 1 ½ years of waiting, papers, money, papers, papers and more money. Its FINALLY been approved. It ALMOST didn´t happen. After losing my job, then getting a new one just 3 days before the papers from australia were meant to be handed in I was told that due to the new job – I had to re-apply. After a wee 5 hours waiting time each day for about 4 days, it was sorted out, and then after 1 ½ months….THE CARD! Oh The Joy!!!! The Joy!!!!! Now I don´t have to hide from police! Now I can go to the doctors! Now I can rent DVDs!!!! Now I can TRAVEL without threat of incarceration!!!!! I have been wearing it around like the prize it is as you can see in the pic.


Here is a pic of some of my fellow workmates. The guy is Juan Luis but everyone calls him JuanLu. If you say his name in a really aussie accent (which I do I´m no good at J´s) his name sounds like one loo. I told him this and he is very proud. He has beers at lunchtime. He would be a good aussie. Darked haired chica is Macarena, any cries of eeeeehhhh Macarena oh! are frowned upon – understandably so. Spain is very embaressed about that song. Macarena eats as much as I do. Curly haired chica is Reyes which means “Kings” She is a spanish version of Edwina Gould with the same laugh and everything. She has beers after the gym. she would be a good aussie too. In the pic she is being choked by the others with my furry scarf. They all ride bikes to work like me.

0 homie be sending comment love: